The problem: Almost 40% of people who have a stroke continue to have excessive tone (also known as "spasticity") one year later. Excess tone keeps you from using both arms effectively.spasticity section for more.
If you are having trouble putting on a shirt by yourself, try these steps (click on a picture and the print each one):
gadgets out there that can make your life easier living one-handed. Below are some of my favorites:
- help with buttons
- buy new Velcro shoes (Zappos.com has a large selection)
- turn your lace-up shoes into slip-ons (with Tylastic shoe laces)
- try snazzy Nike’s latest footwear, the Zoom Soldier 8 -- designed for people with disabilities.
- electric toothbrush (from Amazon)
- one-handed typing with the Half-QWERTY Keyboard
- pickup gripper, playing card holder, long shoehorn, and a one-hand flosser
- kitchen gadgets