Find out you are not alone!
- The Support Network by the American Stroke Association can help you share your story with others.
- Rediscovering the simple joys of life is what Retreat and Refresh Stroke Camp is all about.
- DailyStrength has an active online stroke-support group.
- The Stroke Network can provide online support to stroke survivors and stroke caregivers of adult stroke. Their services include a message board with several forums relating to topics important to stroke survivors and stroke caregivers.
- The American Stroke Association has a search page where you can enter your zip code and a mileage radius to find stroke groups near you.
- Facebook has several active groups as well. For example, check out Stroke Talk for Facebook, and Young Stroke Survivors, United Stroke and TBI Survivors, and Stroke Support Group with Flint.
- Listen to a podcast -- called The Slow Road to Better -- produced by a community of stroke committed to living successful and productive lives.
You may also want to start a support group yourself by:
- See Starting a Support Group by the American Stroke Association.
- Buying the book Groups That Work from the Stroke Comeback Center.
- How to Start a Stroke Support Group