You can improve your memory and overall mental processes with these computer programs (and they're fun too!)
Mostly free, online mind games:
- Lumosity (visitors have free but limited access to online courses).
- Fit Brains offers various free online games aimed at memory, language, concentration, and visual-spatial relationships.
- SharpBrains have a list of 50 online teasers and games categorized under memory, attention, language, etc.
- BrainHQ from PositScience offer some free brain games when you resister, but mostly sells their standalone programs.
- CogniFit offers free online games that you fully unlock for $19.95/month.
- Marbles The Brain Store collects books and puzzles for exercising your brain.
- Posit programs (now, BrainHQ) were highlighted in a PBS special in 2007.
- Parrot Software has over 75 different programs for communication, memory, cognitive reasoning, and attention rehabilitation.
- If you have an iPad, you can buy the Spaced Retrieval TherAppy app ($3.00), which works on improving memory of names, facts, and routines.
- Dakim Brain Fitness uses vibrant imagery, videos, music, humor, storytelling to work on long-term memory, short-term memory, language, computation, visuospatial orientation and critical thinking.
- Other programs you can buy for you computer:
Other tips you might try: